What to Expect as Our Patient
At our practice, you will see a board certified licensed medical doctor who treats the whole person, forming a dynamic patient-doctor partnership where you actively participate in your own health and wellness.
Integrative Medicine is a field that combines conventional medicine with scientifically-tested natural and alternative medical therapies. You will see a board-certified, licensed medical doctor who treats the whole person, forming a dynamic patient-doctor partnership where you actively participate in your own health and wellness. Our practice has board-certified Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology doctors. Our doctors are also certified in Integrative Medicine where they have completed extensive training such as a university fellowship program. There are subcategories of this field such as Regenerative Medicine, Functional Medicine and Anthroposophical Medicine.
Foundation of Our Approach
|The Patient||The Doctor||The Patient-Doctor Partnership|
| » Innate capacity to heal|
» Taking care of self with proper nutrition, sleep, exercise, and stress management
| » Integrative address clinical situation by biological, mind-body, or manual therapies|
» Scientific and evidence based
» Safety through use of safe therapies, do no harm, heal. Use non-invasive therapies first, continue to increase until address condition safely and effectively
» Whole person approach, addressing mind-body and emotional-mental connection
» All aspects of life including spiritual, social, community, and environmental
» Identifying obstacles to healing and addressing them
» Prevention through strong immune system
During your initial visit, the doctor will spend 40-50 minutes with you, after reviewing your intake forms and any tests and records from other physicians. Our doctors will generally run additional tests from Lab Corp or functional tests to access your current health status. Lab corp tests can include a CBC, CMP, Thyroid panel, Hormone panel, or Immune panel. A functional test can access physiology and function of an organ system, such as your adrenal system which is your first line of defense with stress and manages your energy potential such as the fight or flight response. Another example of functional tests are measuring your cortisol and DHEA levels as well as assessing your overall physiological response to stress which can identify why you have debilitating fatigue.
Follow Up Visits
After accessing your case, the doctor will review test results and meet with you to propose a specialized treatment plan. Because you play an active part in the process of your health and wellness, our doctors will spend time with you explaining your results and reviewing and adjusting the proposed plan. Our treatment plans can include immune, cellular, metabolic, regenerative, restorative, and/or botanical medicines. Should you decide to get a second opinion, we advise you seek a trained Integrative Medicine doctor rather than a Primary Care doctor.
Health History & Diagnostic Testing
In addition to complete health physicals and medical lab testing, we provide comprehensive and individualized programs to treat many common medical conditions:
- Women’s Health (bioidentical hormone therapy for menopause, PMS, osteoporosis, fertility, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, UTI’s, and interstitial cystitis)
- Men’s Health (testosterone and bioidentical hormones)
- Fatigue (thyroid/endocrine disorders, metabolic syndrome)
- Pain (headaches, neck, knees, elbows, shoulders, lower back for pain relief and mobility)
- Yeast and mold
- Infections (Lyme Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hepatitis, MRSA, viral)
- Autoimmune (interstitial cystitis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, RSD, thyroiditis, celiac, IBD, IBS, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis)
- Gastrointestinal disorders (digestive dysfunction, IBS, Crohn, celiac, UC)
- Heart disease (hypertension, high cholesterol and triglycerides, angina, coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, stroke)
- Neurological (tremors, Parkinson’s, headaches, depression, anxiety)
Schedule an appointment to learn more
How can we help?
Initial 15 minute phone consultations are free